Blue Lotus Blue Lotus

Impressive

This is exactly what the flash portal needs more of. Great choice in music by the way.

The animation could be better which is why it doesn't get a 10 from me, but I REALLY like the ideas brought forth by the short. Great job!

I'm not sure if you should even make a sequel, maybe just other super simple things like this, it's wonderful.

There is just little enough character development for you to not have characters but ideas here, if you get what I mean.

Keep it up!

-TWM

PS No joke, once you get very good at animating too, you could make some amazing things.

Sketchy Friends Dance Sketchy Friends Dance

Thank you.

Thank you sir, for making my day better. I will cherish this FOREVER.

Should do another one some time. Just a thought. Very good idea.

TheBoogley responds:

Thanks! :D
I'm working on developing something special with these sorts of characters, but it'll be a while off.
I want to make something to submit to animation festivals.

:the Composer: :the Composer:

Truly Heartfelt

This flash...this music, it explicitly portrays " that not all truth could be deduced from axioms, that there were inescapable realities in the world which could only be reached through emotion, feeling and intuition". (-Anonymous-).

The fact that this flash-music combo portrayed such a wide variety of emotion, intuition, and the eternal (and internal) subconcious thought processes and meanings to life that we form in our head...

The fact that you managed to complete the cycle and form and endless loop..was just awe-inspiring. The thought that while when the composer was sucessful he was happy for a while, he only found a final, true happiness when he managed to find another boy, not unlike him, that he was sure would beging this cycle again, and pray that one day that boy may countinue the cycle for yet another..very lovely thoughts indeed.

I also like the fact that "The Composer" remained nameless and that he was just a nobody one day, celebrity the next, and a nobody again the day after that...

Thanks for submitting this flash AND song! I will remember it for a long time, it was truely wonderful!

Sincerely,
~TheWisestMagi~

space blast space blast

Hehe

Your bullet array(collection) needs to be at least much longer if you don't use a double array(collection) to keep them from stopping when you shoot rapid fire.

Other then that, it's a start!

Goodluck with future games.

Arachnophilia Arachnophilia

Ahh

That was cool.

The bats are rediculous because your web is so full of crap by the time they get there you can hardly keepp up with all of the stuff, I thought I had it made with my stratagy but I wasnt quick enough once there were like 4 humming birds...I think maybe its better NOT to cover the entire area..then my whole web came down at once, leaving me with only enough wbbing for a corncer..which a bat hit.

Cool Idea for a game though,
~TheWisestMagi~

P.S. To anyone wondering what a good stratagy is, MAKE A GRID. (With only horizontal and vertical lines).

Un petit morceau in A minor Un petit morceau in A minor

I have been listening to this for about 4 years as study music (looped). Just wanted to thank you.

[RC]Orchestral Theme 1 [RC]Orchestral Theme 1

Good Intro

The song feels like the intro to a stealth movie that they would play during the opening credits or something. I feel like you could have given it a little more "umph" though.

That is, your idea and aim here is very well refined and you know exactly what you were doing. The only problem is that it seems to lack a little something from time to time. Around :54 for instance, the brass could have been a little louder. I know that this was the fall out of the song, but the lack of orchestra combined with the melody here is enough evidence for that.

Also, at the 1:20 area when you are building up: if you're going to build up to such an impact go all out man. I need some percussion! Timpani, cymbals, bass drum rolls! Give me some boom! The impact here could have just been more dynamic. After the build up you could of had a full section of excitement and tension, but instead you dropped right off. Again, I know that the feel of this song is kind of "sneaky", but stealth can be exciting too. Then you could have dropped back off after the short impact section.

I just found an awesome example of what I am talking about. Look up "Splinter cell theme" on youtube. Go to the first hit, called "splinter cell double agent original music."It's almost a direct parallel to your song, but with the section I was talking about. It's even at the same time of the song.
Anyway, it sounds like I'm just complaining a lot, but really I gave you an 8. That's because the song itself is all here, you just didn't put together a few elements in my mind. Maybe you couldn't find the right sound samples or something, but there is no way I could know that.

Good work! I voted 5 because this certainly deserves better than it has. It really gets a 4 from me though. :)

Keep it up!

rcvtk responds:

Thx a lot for your review. I totally agree that more percussion should be used. It's surely not a problem of lack of samples... I have a lot of percussion libraries and samples in my sonic palette. It is also a question of experience. This is only my 2nd track here on NG, but I'm confident for the future... Thx

---rcvtk---

NGHH KO4 - Exceptid vs Gloine NGHH KO4 - Exceptid vs Gloine

Gloine

Gloine wins again. Exceptids lyrics and flow are simply second rate in comparison. Also, the voice is cool, but it feels like he's using it not just to separate himself, but it's overly intense for his lyrics. The best part of his lyrics is the part is where he claims Gloine's nasty lyrics are actually a catastrophe. Gloine still wins hard though.

Autumn on Loches Autumn on Loches

Excellent!

Yes yes yes. Very nice. You can tell not only where the sun is, but where the road dips up ahead the trees on the left side light up again. Very nice use of colors and shading here. This is beautiful. I kind of feel like I'm actually here (Which is very strange for this type of art).

To the guy two under me: Just because cold is a lack of energy, it doesn't make it any less sensible. Pure darkness is equally blinding to pure light...etc. I do not believe that this is an example of naive art.

Sassy in Pink Sassy in Pink

Blue Dog

Is it odd for me to say that your animal portraits remind me of blue dog? Being a current Baton Rouge-ian myself, I can't help but to feel that you have visited New Orleans more than once. Your art reminds me of something that I would see there (specifically).

Gunter and Phoebe in Granville Gunter and Phoebe in Granville

Great

Great piece of art. It's kind of just a small nitpick, but I would like the clouds to be just a tad more visible. Just to me at least. Not much mind you, but just a touch..