Un petit morceau in A minor Un petit morceau in A minor

I have been listening to this for about 4 years as study music (looped). Just wanted to thank you.

[RC]Orchestral Theme 1 [RC]Orchestral Theme 1

Good Intro

The song feels like the intro to a stealth movie that they would play during the opening credits or something. I feel like you could have given it a little more "umph" though.

That is, your idea and aim here is very well refined and you know exactly what you were doing. The only problem is that it seems to lack a little something from time to time. Around :54 for instance, the brass could have been a little louder. I know that this was the fall out of the song, but the lack of orchestra combined with the melody here is enough evidence for that.

Also, at the 1:20 area when you are building up: if you're going to build up to such an impact go all out man. I need some percussion! Timpani, cymbals, bass drum rolls! Give me some boom! The impact here could have just been more dynamic. After the build up you could of had a full section of excitement and tension, but instead you dropped right off. Again, I know that the feel of this song is kind of "sneaky", but stealth can be exciting too. Then you could have dropped back off after the short impact section.

I just found an awesome example of what I am talking about. Look up "Splinter cell theme" on youtube. Go to the first hit, called "splinter cell double agent original music."It's almost a direct parallel to your song, but with the section I was talking about. It's even at the same time of the song.
Anyway, it sounds like I'm just complaining a lot, but really I gave you an 8. That's because the song itself is all here, you just didn't put together a few elements in my mind. Maybe you couldn't find the right sound samples or something, but there is no way I could know that.

Good work! I voted 5 because this certainly deserves better than it has. It really gets a 4 from me though. :)

Keep it up!

rcvtk responds:

Thx a lot for your review. I totally agree that more percussion should be used. It's surely not a problem of lack of samples... I have a lot of percussion libraries and samples in my sonic palette. It is also a question of experience. This is only my 2nd track here on NG, but I'm confident for the future... Thx

---rcvtk---

NGHH KO4 - Exceptid vs Gloine NGHH KO4 - Exceptid vs Gloine

Gloine

Gloine wins again. Exceptids lyrics and flow are simply second rate in comparison. Also, the voice is cool, but it feels like he's using it not just to separate himself, but it's overly intense for his lyrics. The best part of his lyrics is the part is where he claims Gloine's nasty lyrics are actually a catastrophe. Gloine still wins hard though.

Guitar Partitia #1 - Romance Guitar Partitia #1 - Romance

Incredible!

This is fantastic, sir. I rather enjoyed every bit of the composition, and your performance was certainly not sub par, so quit being humble ;P.

My only suggestion to make this a bit more interesting is to have a part somewhere that is perhaps even in a different key (but still a spanish scale setup) and play a little salsa-y** part that has more full chord playing in it and a nice little groove to create a kind of "dancing loving romantic exciting sexual" feel in the song. It would make it feel more complete to me.. Seems like you hit much of romance except for this :).

Hopefully that helps you as far as composing goes! I am not a guitarist so I cannot judge that, but it looks like you don't want me to anyway.

**Salsa-y is maybe not what I'm looking for, as that change may be too dramatic, but I hope you kind of know what I mean. Perhaps I meant more Rumba?

Darkmaster603 responds:

Well, I know that there is some sloppy playing in some parts, but I just don't like hearing that my playing is sloppy too much :P.

I can see that you're right, I need to add another movement to this piece, the "dancing loving romantic exciting sexual" part seems to not really be there. I understand what you mean by salsa-y, and I'll try to work on that. I think you're right about the key change, I think it's going to be necessary for the other movement.

Thanks for taking your time to listen and review this song!

NGHH KO3 - Gloine vs GasMasq NGHH KO3 - Gloine vs GasMasq

Nice.

I'm not gonna lie, I had lost faith in the hip-hop section of NG and haven't given it a chance in a long time. This has changed that. First legit song in the section that I've hard. Very nice.

Ps. These lyrics are fire.

Exquisite Corpse 2 Exquisite Corpse 2

Only 31 to go!

So I thoroughly enjoy the idea of these recent projects.

My only small point of criticism would be that the segments of the song were just that, segments. It felt more like 5 different songs (the last two being remixes of them all). I figure that this was just to show different elements of the experiment, but I would personally just prefer to skip to 2:46 and listen to the project as a whole.

This could be remedied if there were any transitions ;) <-- I realize that with the nature of this song, transitions are very hard, but as it is the song is just literally cutting off and starting back up completely different other than the key.

Sweet song. Magnificent concept. I look forward to listening in on more of these. They are awesome.
9/10, 5/5.

P.S. Great work on the sound editing/mixing.

Rig responds:

I wanted to show everyone the loops involved in the final mix, and I thought segments were the best way to do it. But yeah, transitions would be a better way to do so, eh?

Thanks for the props!

JP - VGO : USA JP - VGO : USA

Howdy do!

Nice song here eh! I rather enjoy it at least. What does JP - VGO stand for?

Anyway, my only point of criticism is that I believe that the bass end could be stronger. More of it. I have a sub so I can actually tell the difference ;). I think I hear a choir just now, and I was about to say that I could use some choir. Well, there went that.

Pretty simple and times, but others it almost seems cinematic.
Great transition at 1:25 by the way.

I'll be listening!

Deflektor responds:

JP are my initials (my name being Jorma Poyer). VGO (Vietnam Glory Obscured) is the name of the mod this piece is intended for.

About the bass, you're probably right, it may need to be louder. But i was afraid it would attract too much of the listener's attention.

Also, it sounds cinematic on purpose. I was asked to take movies such as "saving Private Ryan" as examples.

It's always nice to hear more from you ! Stay tuned for more !

Rig - Mind over Metal theme 1 Rig - Mind over Metal theme 1

Polkown.

The beginning, when played with an accordian, is in fact a polka. I SWEAR IT.

I might have lied.

NO I WOULD NOT DO THAT.
(or would I?) No, I wouldn't

Yes, sometimes if I really need too.
Grownups lie.

NOYESNONOYESYESNONONONO!!!!

HEY! THIS IS UNFINISHED!
Asshole.

Cmon, I didn't mean it......Yes I did.
Anyway, why isn't this in the top 5? It's just the kind of energy pumping stuff that NG is supposed to love! Wait..oh...I see...Did you layer your sounds and not be repetitive? Tsk, you will never get far without being repetitive. Everyone who's anyone knows that.

~TWM (or am I?)

P.S. I am.
P.P.S. BUT WHO IS THAT%u203D
INTERROBANG/QUESCALATION MARK!
Make a song titled interrobang please. pleease...

Rig responds:

Polkamon; gotta dance 'em all!

Emotions In Music Emotions In Music

Oui

Feels like the trans-siberian orchestra.

This is a good thing.

Epic electro-classical.

Good work!

~TWM

Solus- For Schala Solus- For Schala

If I commented, I would ruin it.

*standing ovation*